Real Estate Blog
Ottawa, ON, December 16, 2019 – Statistics released today by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) show national home sales continued to edge higher in November 2019.
- National home sales rose 0.6% month-over-month (m-o-m) basis in November.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was up 11.3% year-over-year (y-o-y).
- The number of newly listed properties dropped by 2.7% m-o-m.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) advanced by 0.8% m-o-m and 2.6% y-o-y.
- The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price climbed 8.4% y-o-y.
Home sales recorded via Canadian MLS® Systems inched up by 0.6% November 2019. Notching its ninth straight monthly gain, activity stands 20% above the six-year low reached in February 2019 but 6% to 7% below heights recorded in 2016 and 2017.
There was an almost even split between the number of local markets where activity rose and those where it declined. Higher sales across much of British Columbia and in the Greater Toronto Area...