Real Estate Blog
Ottawa, ON, August 15, 2019 – Statistics released today by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) show national home sales were up in July 2019 compared to June.
- National home sales rose 3.5% month-over-month (m-o-m) in July.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was up 12.6% year-over-year (y-o-y).
- The number of newly listed homes edged back 0.4% m-o-m.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) climbed 0.6% m-o-m and 0.2% y-o-y.
- The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price was up 3.9% y-o-y.
Home sales recorded via Canadian MLS® Systems rose for the fifth consecutive month in July, putting them about 15% above the six-year low reached in February 2019 but still more than 10% below the highs reached in 2016 and 2017. (Chart A)
Activity advanced in about 60% of all local markets. While the monthly increase was led by Greater Vancouver (GVA) and Greater Toronto (GTA), sales there remain well below levels recorded prior to the mortgage...