Real Estate Blog
Ottawa, ON, July 15, 2019 – Statistics released today by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) show national home sales were little changed in June 2019 from the previous month.
- National home sales edged back 0.2% month-over-month (m-o-m) in June.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity ticked up 0.3% year-over-year (y-o-y).
- The number of newly listed homes rose 0.8% m-o-m.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) climbed 0.3% m-o-m in June but was down 0.3% y-o-y.
- The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price was up 1.7% y-o-y.
Home sales recorded via Canadian MLS® Systems were little changed in June 2019 following a string of monthly gains recorded in March, April and May. Although running close to its 10-year average and up nearly 10% from the six-year low reached in February 2019, activity remains well below levels recorded over much of 2015, 2016 and 2017. (Chart A)
The nearly unchanged national tally in June was the result of an even split...